Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

This week we have tried both weaning Maggie a bit and also getting her to sleep through the night more and they have amazingly both been successful. The first night that we let her "cry it out" she cried for over an hour, but the second night only for about twenty minutes at the longest and even less the following nights. Weaning has been easy during the day, but at night and in the morning she still insists on nursing. The first and last feeding are always the last to go I hear.

A new friend for Maggie was born this past week. Our friends Caroline and Jon had a little baby girl named Adrianna, I don't know if I am spelling that right, but I hope so. She is so beautiful. I hope that they are doing well now. They were doing well when I went to visit them after the birth. It really brought back memories of Maggie's early days. They were hard, but also wonderful.

Today Maggie and I visited with my dad's cousin Carol and her husband Jack. Maggie really took to Carol, they had fun dancing to the music on the radio while we drove back and forth from my parents house to Keene. They brought her an Elmo doll and book, which is great as I discovered that she is quite taken with Elmo when we went to Alex's 2nd birthday party on Wednesday night. I can't believe that Alex is two already. Seems like she was just being born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home