Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Maggie hasn't done that in awhile. I just had a very hard time getting Maggie to sleep. I started at 8:20, and she fell asleep shortly after 9:30, since she looked like she was getting tired, lying on the floor and such. Anywho, what she hasn't done in awhile is to pull away from nursing to cry, try again, pull away and cry. It was somehow different from before though. It was less often and even more upset sounding. I eventually gave her some tylenol since she seemed so upset and I really didn't know what else to do. She just seemed so tired and so upset, like she really wanted to be asleep and just couldn't get there. After I gave her the tylenol it only took about ten more minutes to get her to fall asleep. I hate to hear that upset cry, it tears me up inside. I don't know if her being mostly happy makes the upset times more upsetting. Do parents of children who cry more often get immune to it? Maggie isn't perfectly happy, but the unhappy times are so different in comparison to her normal temperment that it just drags me down. I wish that I could tell what her cries mean. People have been surprised that I don't know... I am surprised that anyone could know. Am I not being observant enough? Am I not auditorily inclined enough? Even after reading descriptions of what different cries generally mean I can't pick out if her cry is sharp or however else they describe them. They all sound equally gutwrenchingly exasperating to me. They wear me out.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Faye-Merrill said…

    Poor tired LMM, you need to rest, and not worry about being a perfect mama... no one can be because there is no such thing. I can't tell why any baby is crying even if there is a science, I am so deaf. So there is that. Maggie has a wonderful happy heart, and is probably only going to cry like that if she is cutting a new tooth from now until she is about 2 unless she fell down. I asked for an estimate from Dr. Stevie but he isn't positive, so he's also thinking up to 3 years old but probably way before that she'll have all her teeth.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    teeth, always a good guess
    chamomila, another good guess

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the irony is that eventually the kids are sleeping just fine, don't want to get out of bed, and you are awake worrying about them (if they're like certain brothers)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home