Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm back to work, doing full time even though that was not my intention. Someone quit the day after I started and so... boom there I was with full time hours. Maggie has been having a lot of fun playing with Christopher all day long now that Katherine is watching her. I have been coming home on my lunch breaks to feed her and she seems to be ok. Last night I couldn't get her to go back to sleep when she woke up at 11:00 like I had been and I was so exhausted I gave up and brought her to bed. Hopefully that isn't the start of a pattern. We're settled into our house and have all the essentials out. Now, we just have to find places for everything else.
Katherine told Matt that Maggie stood on her own for a few seconds yesterday. Every day she is making progress, getting more and more mobile. I'm upset that since I'm working now I will miss firsts of hers. I want to share everything with her.
I thought it would be harder to go back to work, but it seems right. She's not having too hard a time so I don't get upset about being gone when I get home. And, since I am working at Rite Aid where I am familiar with the work I don't have to learn anything new. It feels a little like going back in time and while I am there it seems almost odd that I am married and have a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home