Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Maggie and I had a very relaxing time at my parents house while Matt was having an inspiring (musically) trip to NYC. My parents pulled out a highchair that they had bought for a visit quite a few years ago from Maggie's cousin Meir. He is now very much outgrown highchairs, but his old highchair came in quite handy for this trip. Maggie got to try sweet potato for the first time, she loved them! She seems to be pretty open to new foods, she even gave the green beans a few bites before deciding that they weren't for her. I'm probably going to try them again soon since they say that babies tastes change quickly.
Mom helped Maggie and I get settled in downstairs the first night we were there, she played with Maggie while I got the bed set up and our stuff organized. She was quite a help the whole trip, allowing me to get some beading done and I even got a chance to try out their jacuzzi bathtub on Saturday! It was so relaxing to sit in there and get a sort of massage from the jets and be alone (gasp) for a good fifteen minutes. In the morning, while Maggie napped we got some stuff moved out of their garage. I'll have to go back and help again since there is still a lot of work to be done in there.
After the bath, we went down to the center of Westmoreland (which consists of a store and the town hall) and joined in the Annual Fireman's Barbeque. They served half a chicken, a baked potato, coleslaw and a roll for only $8. It much be a great fundrasier. We got there shortly after it started at five and the line was quite long, it didn't die down until well after six o'clock. They served a lot of people that night. Then, we went over to Stuart & John's for ice cream. What a treat! My parents really pampered me this weekend. My mom was glad that she got to see Maggie in action. We usually visit her at work, so Maggie doesn't get to go down on the floor and roam around. At my parents house she was able to really show off her stuff. It's so amazing how much she can do already.
Her teeth are starting to look pretty real, and they certainly feel real. She still wants to chew on my fingers and it is not much fun when she chomps down with those incisors. Ouch.
My mom was especially nice and stayed for a bit after driving me home so that I could get some stuff done around our house. Thanks so much!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a treat to be able to follow Maggie through the day...and it made me miss all you other grandkids!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just discovered you can enlarge the pics, then click somewhere and make that part bigger. try Maggie on the picnic table -- great hand moves (and food too)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home