Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I know this story has nothing to do with Maggie, but I have to share it. Yesterday we went back to Faye's house beacause I forgot some beads that I wanted to use there. While I was there, Matt came up to walk her dogs. He said to me, "You need to move your car, you backed up over the garden." I thought, how is that possible? I didn't back the car at all. I went outside to discover that my car had rolled for the parking space that it was in back over their lawn and smack dab in between two trees, with inches on either side! What Matt hadn't noticed was that one of my mirrors, driver side of course, was hanging off the car. I tried to drive the car out with no success. It had sunk into the bed of fallen leaves that was covering the ground. Then, Matt and I tried to push while Faye steered and had absolutely no luck. So, we had to call AAA to get towed out of the woods. When the tow truck man got there he found that there was a rock underneath my gear shift and we were very lucky that I hadn't scraped the bottom of my car across it. (Oh, there was also a tree a couple inches behind the car that I was lucky enough not to have backed into, the leaves stopped the car just short of it.) He was able to lift the car and get it out, but he had to rip my mirror the rest of the way off. It was quite an adventure, and quite a scare, but my mirror was the only casualty, there wasn't even a new scrape!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Faye-Merrill said…

    Ha ha ha... it was so funny... I came outside to say hi to Matt when I saw his car in the driveway, and the first words out of his mouth were "Why did Miriam park in the garden???" And with that began an examination of a trip her auto took by itself, and did so little damage to anything that it is astonishing.

    I honestly don't believe anyone could have threaded a car into that tight spot better than the vehicle threaded itself. When I first saw it I though it might just be a garden ornament forever, but didn't mention anything. Miriam was pretty upset and kept talking about chainsaws and such...

    Another fun and lively afternoon. I just wish Maggie were old enough to have marveled at the sight, and that it didn't take the mirror off - now that cost $!

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Miriam said…

    When was I talking about chainsaws?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home