Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Friday, July 14, 2006

The big news today is that Maggie pulled herself up to a standing position. Matt was lying on the couch and Maggie crawled over to him, pulled herself first to her knees and then all the way up on her feet. It didn't last long before she fell, don't worry Matt didn't let her fall to the ground, but she was up there. I wish I had been able to get a picture of that!

Maggie had a colorful dinner tonight. She had peas and carrots. Hmmm... as I was writing that I realized that I now think of her solids as her meals and that is the least that she eats... She ate a lot today, I think that she is going through a growth spurt. We got some great pictures of her with green and orange all over her! Definitely should have had one of the ultra cool Josh Bear Baby Chic bibs on her. However, as Matt pointed out she needed to be changed anyway. We always put her in something a little warmer when we are trying to get her ready to go down for the night.

Speaking of that, it's getting a little better, she is going to sleep before ten most nights, but she is still waking up around 11 or so 1 or so 3 or so and then at 5 I usually bring her into bed with me. I've read all sorts of things on how to prevent this, but I'm at a loss. I wish there was some way of breaking her of the habit of needing me to help her get back to sleep. I think the most important thing is going to be moving her to her own room, that will take a lot of effort though, so if you'd like to help let me know!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Faye-Merrill said…

    Call me, I have a great plan, but best not to write about it, way too long... Maggie may be three by the time I finish, and it is easy... Hang inThere, Faye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home