Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Monday, June 12, 2006

We are back from our trip to New Jersey, but I'll talk about that in my next entry. First I am going to talk about Maggie's friends. I meant to write this before I left, but didn't get around to it. She has more of a social life than I do. She smiles at everyone and can instanly click with people that I will never know. Here though, I will talk about the friends, in her age range, that she sees on a regular basis. Her friend Alexandria (aka Alex) is my goddaughter. She is an amazing girl born September '04. She likes to play share, take back, share, take back...... She is a big fan of duckies. The picture posted here is from awhile ago. Alex was being nice and sharing her duckie with Maggie, for about a minute. (Quite a long time for toddlers.) The timeframe that she lets Maggie "borrow" her toys now is a lot less. It's about ten seconds, take it back, giving again for ten seconds over and over. She also has had times when she asks for Maggie to come over and visit. I love Maggie being able to interact with slightly older children. I believe that toddlers and babies can communicate and that older children can teach the younger ones a lot. Nathaniel, my second oldest brother learned to talk early. I think that David, my oldest brother, was teaching him to talk. Nathaniel has twins that are two and I wish that we could visit them more often, but they live in Rhode Island. With Matt, my husband, only having one day off a week it makes it difficult to see family as often as we would like. Here, the girls are holding Maggie's hands. They certainly have a lot to teach Maggie about the ways of the world. They are very lucky to live near a wonderful park that has a carousel, a zoo, and a whole lot more. It will be so nice when Maggie is able to play with them and her other friends. She also spend a lot of time with her friend Christopher, son of my friend Katherine. He loves to give Maggie kisses, except when I want him to so that I can take a movie. He is about one month younger than Alex, born in November of '04. He has shown Maggie how to play with a lot of toys and proven to me that the most interesting toy, according to toddlers, is the one that someone else is playing with. Neither he nor Maggie really like to sit long enough to take the "perfect" picture! So, we'll take what we can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home