Maggie's Chronicle

A journal of our day to day life. Updates and anecdotes of Maggie.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Maggie has already had quite a few adventures in her life. When she was only six weeks old she went to Florida. In order to get there we had to take four planes, two there, two back. I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea to take her onto planes when she was so young, but I decided that it was important for her grandparents to meet her before she got too much older. Babies change so quickly and I wanted them to see her as a tiny baby. Matt's parents live in Florida from November to April each year and so we took the trip down there to see them. We had a splendid time being pampered by them. One thing that I discovered while I was there is that it is not a good idea to eat cabbage while breastfeeding. My mother-in-law made a wonderful boiled dinner, and the next day Maggie was extremely fussy. I learned my lesson.

Shortly after that, there was unfortunately a tragedy in the family. My grandmother died and so we had to get back on a plane and travel to Maryland. It made me so sad that Maggie was never able to spend any time with my grandmother, she was a wonderful woman. We were able to visit her in the last days and I hope that some of my grandmothers spirit was able to travel to Maggie. (Hmm.. does that sound weird?) While we were in Maryland Maggie was able to meet many of the members of the family. She met her great aunt Elinore and uncle Uri from Israel and her great uncle Harry and aunt Dorothee from Illinois as well as many other relatives. When we came back to Keene my aunt Elinore andUncle Uri came with us and we went out to The Olive Garden with my parents while she was here. Maggie is one of the most well behaved babies. She slept for the first part of our dinner and then was satisfied to sit on laps and be passed around for the rest of the dinner.




Also in town at the time was my cousin Jack, Maggie's first cousin once removed. (I looked it up recently to make sure I have the terminology correct.) It is one of the best things as a parent to be able to show off your child, at least in my opinion. Some people say that they don't like all the people fawning over their child, but I love it. I know how wonderful she is and I very much enjoy seeing how happy she makes others! It is always even more special to see the reactions of family and friends.

Then my aunts Susan and Terry came up from New Jersey. So, the other side of the family got to enjoy spending time with her! They especially enjoyed it since all of their grandchildren are boys. All four! This coming weekend we will be able to spend more time with them and meet their two newest grandchildren, Caden (3) and Ty (1). I wish that life today wasn't so hectic and that we could get to see our family members more often.









My brother and sister-in-law Rebecca have been an amazing help to me in making sure that Maggie is taken care of and that I, too, am taken care of. I never knew the mental strain and the totalness involved in starting off an infants life right and they helped me get through that time. Also, they have twin girls who just turned two. Maggie has inherited from them so much, more clothes than she needs, toys, a swing, the list goes on. They live farther away than I would like, Rhode Island, but we have managed to get down there. They really make me wish that I had known how hard it was so that I could have helped them out more after the twins were born, I'm sure they could have used all the help they could get.



We were also recently invited to a wedding! Maggie first wedding at a mere five months. It was special. The wedding was here in Keene, for Matt's boss. It was fun to dress her up and we had a great time!

My last, but most certainly not least, subject for this post is my sister-in-law Mary and her family of six! To learn more than I will say here about her family check out her blog. There is also more about our trips to see them. They are Glenn, Mary, Brittany, Madelyn, Grace and Jon. (In the picture is Madelyn, Grace, Jon, Maggie and their friend Abby, practically a member of the family.) We have been to a concert, birthdays, a Pampered Chef party at which Maggie was quite a hit, and recently Madelyn and Grace were able to come to our house an stay for four days! (I also got much appreciated help from Brittany shortly after Maggie was born for a week!) This picture is from our trip to go to Grace's ninth birthday party. It was a lot of fun, and as always Mary made some wonderful food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home